The University of Wisconsin Colleges provides all users with an official email account. This account employs anti-virus software to clean email messages of known viruses and worms for the protection of our university environment. You are required to use your UW Colleges email account for all academic correspondence and assignments for the following reasons:
- Email in D2L, the course management system for Online courses, can only be sent to and received by a UW Colleges email account
- UW Colleges can monitor email transactions and troubleshoot issues if needed
- Electronic correspondence from the University such as from the Student Affairs Office and Business Office will be sent to your UW Colleges email account only
- Instructors' email accounts have anti-SPAM email filters which could potentially mark messages which do not originate from within the UW Colleges email system as "Junk Mail." Certain email providers, including Hotmail and AOL, are regular sources of SPAM. Your email not being delivered because it was filtered as SPAM is not an acceptable excuse
- UW Colleges does not provide any support for forwarding campus mail to a personal e-mail account. If you forward your UW Colleges email to your own personal email account, you are then responsible for ALL information sent and anything lost through your personal email. To access your campus e-mail without using the UW Colleges Portal page please visit the Faculty, Staff, and Student IT Resources page for assistance setting up your PC-based email client
- You are responsible to actively and regularly check your official UW Colleges email account for any and all electronic correspondence from the University.
Students can access their UWC email account through the Internet using the UW Colleges Portal page.
Please visit the IT Resources for Faculty, Staff and Students website, for assistance using other methods to access your e-mail from home.
UW Colleges Online Technical Support
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my UWC email username and password?
Your UWC email username and password are the same as your D2L and network username and password. Your account information is mailed and emailed to you the week before courses begin which is when you can begin accessing your email.
How can I access my UWC email account?
You can access your e-mail via the Internet or by setting up your home e-mail client to access your campus e-mail through Outlook, Outlook Express, or Mozilla Thunderbird. Assistance is available at the IT Resources for Faculty, Staff and Students page.
When will I be able to access my UWC email account?
You will be able to use your UWC email account once you have access to registration.
I forgot my username and password. How can I get it?
Obtain your username and initial password using the UW Colleges Student Account Management System. After that, you can contact UW Colleges tech support via the internet, via email, or calling toll-free 1-877-449-1877.
How do I access my online courses?
You can access your online courses by going to the D2L login page. We recommend bookmarking this page for future reference.