- Students receive a high-quality education from an accredited college.
- Most classes are delivered asynchronously, which means you, your peers and your instructor work on course activities at different times, based on your individual schedules. Though this allows for flexibility, you will still need to meet deadlines throughout the term – typically weekly.
- Learning is convenient, but requires organization and self-discipline.
- Discussions with peers and instructors take place when convenient via Desire2Learn discussion boards, email and private messages. This allows you time to think through responses to the questions and comments posed.
- Students receive full UW System student support services and resources, including academic advising, tutoring and financial aid assistance.
- Successful students spend 3-4 hours per week per credit in full semester classes. (Shorter terms differ.)
- Does require certain hardware, software and network requirements.
- In-person graduation.
Going to a large classroom would mean lots of students vying for attention. Melissa wondered: wouldn’t taking a class online mean even less access to instructors? “My worries were unfounded,” says Melissa. “My professors have been amazing.”Read More