All students in
their first term with UW Colleges Online are required to meet with an advisor
before they can register. After that, all students are strongly encouraged to
contact their advisor at least once per semester – especially before making any
make the most of your advising meetings, here’s how you can prepare:
- Start by reviewing your Unofficial Transcript in PRISM. Simply log in to PRISM and select Self
Service. Then underneath Academic Records, select View Unofficial
Transcript. Click on the drop-down box for Report Type, select Unofficial
Transcript and then select Go.
- Using your Unofficial Transcript, fill out the Associate Degree Worksheet to
see what general education requirements you still need to satisfy.
- If needed, review
the Transfer Wisconsin website.
This site shows you how courses transfer between the UW Colleges Online and
other UW System institutions – and clarifies credit transfer
equivalencies, academic program requirements, transfer guides and more.
- Look through the course schedule and put together a tentative schedule for yourself.
- Make a list of questions for your advisor, so you can walk away feeling confident and ready to start your
- If applicable, your advisor will likely ask you some
of these common questions. Think
through your answers prior to your advising appointment:
- What are your goals for the future?
- What are you planning to major in?
- What school do you want to transfer to?
- What do you have going on in your life in addition
to school (work, family, etc.)?
- Do you have the appropriate transfer guides for your
major? (Check out the Transfer Wisconsin website.)
- Are you planning to earn the Associate of Arts and
Science degree at UW Colleges Online?
- Would you like to participate in the Guaranteed Transfer Program.
- Are you familiar with the requirements for the Associate
of Arts and Science degree?
- Are you familiar with the GPA required for your
- How are your classes going this semester? Do you
need help? And if so, have you talked with your professor?
- Do you think you need tutoring? Do you know how to
access tutoring services?
- Do you have any transfer credits or AP credits?
- Do you know what classes you plan to take next