Some Online courses require the use of a Proctor for exams. To provide students with a proctoring option offers the flexibility expected in an online course UW Colleges Online works with Examity for all proctored courses.
- AST 100
- BIO 101, 141, 282
- BUS 201, 243
- CHE 203, 250
- ECO 243
- EGR 105, 201, 202, 203, 282
- HIS 272
- MAT 081, 091, 105, 108, 110, 113, 210, 221, 222, 223, 234, 271
- MLG 100
- PSY 210
Course Proctoring Information
Your course uses the remote proctoring service Examity in at least one exam this term. The dates and times of the exams are provided through the course calendar.
Examity proctors your exam remotely by capturing your screen activity and through your computer's webcam. A proctor will guide you through the exam process or check you in before you begin your exam. See the Examity FAQ website for more information.
Before you take your first exam, you will need to register with Examity through your course. The Examity system is integrated into your UW College's account, so you will not need to create a new username and password.
Preparing for the term
In order to prepare for the term you will need to do a few things:
- Make sure you have a webcam or that the webcam on your laptop is in working order. You can check this at www.testmycam.com.
- Test the computer from your location to ensure you have sufficient internet speed: at least 3 MPS upload and download speed. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net.
- Download and review the Examity User's Guide.
- Register with Examity by visiting the link on the course's homepage. See Registration information below.
- Check the course's exam dates and times for the proctored exams and schedule a time to take these exams in Examity.
Register with Examity as soon as possible. You will not be able to take your course's proctored exams without an Examity registration or an exam appointment.
Examity Set-up registration
The set-up registration consists of the following 2 steps:
Accessing the system
- You can access Examity through the link on your course’s Homepage.
- When you click on the Examity link it will take you to your Examity dashboard, which is used for all courses that use Examity.
Creating your profile
- You will need to update your profile by creating 3 unique security questions.
- You will also need to upload a government-issued picture ID (such as Driver's license or State ID). You will need to have this ID with you every time you take a test (for verification purposes) so make sure you use an ID that you have regular access to.
- Be sure to also update your time zone. By default, Examity is set for Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT).
- Once you have finished setting up your account, you will be able to schedule exam appointments during the time period of the exams. Please schedule your exam more than 24 hours in advance. If you need to schedule in less than 24 hours in advance, you will have to use the on-demand scheduling option, which will include additional fees.
SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM AS SOON AS YOU KNOW THE EXAM DATES TO AVOID THE ON-DEMAND FEE.
Late appointment and no-show fees
Your exam schedule may be adjusted within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment. However, if you fail to meet an appointment you may be charged a no-show fee by Examity.
Examity can accommodate appointments in under 24 hour notice, but charge a late-scheduling fee for this service.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Examity’s technical support team 24/7 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone them at (855)-392-6489, contact your instructor, or the One Stop Center at 877-449-1877 - email@example.com.
Please contact the UW Colleges Accessibility Services Office to request special accommodations for your course's proctored exams. You instructor will make arrangements with Examity to help meet student accommodation needs.