Tuition and Aid

How much is my tuition going to cost?

At UW Colleges Online, our flat rate tuition is $238 per credit plus an additional $25 per credit administrative fee.

Is tuition included if I attend another UW school?

Online courses cannot be included in the 12-18 credit full-time campus college tuition. All online courses are individually charged per credit ($238 per credit plus an additional $25 per credit administrative fee) in addition to any regular tuition.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Student financial aid is available to eligible students who are admitted to UW Colleges Online as degree-seeking. More information about applying for financial aid can be found on the Financial Aid website. If you want to receive financial aid, you are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1 as soon as possible. The UW Colleges school code is 003897.

If you apply for financial aid beyond summer 2019, apply through your home campus.

How do I make a tuition payment?

The Business Office accepts online payments submitted through your Student Center in PRISM in the form of a web check (free online service) or credit card transaction (2.5% convenience fee will be charged). In addition, checks and money orders can be mailed to the UW Colleges Business Office at 780 Regent St., Madison, WI 53715.

After I’ve Enrolled

How are tests proctored?

Some courses require the use of a proctor for exams. Depending on the course and term you are taking courses with UW Colleges Online, you will have different options for having your exam proctored.

How do I drop a course?

You can drop a course the same way that you enrolled for the course: through your PRISM account. Prior to dropping, be sure to talk with your academic advisor to discuss any academic or financial implications.

When will my grades be posted?

Grades are due a week after the end of the semester and will be officially posted within your transcript the following week.

I just registered for a course. How do I access it?

Your course will be available through Brightspace (D2L) on the first day of the term. You must first complete the Proof of Participation, and then you will have access to the course content.

How do I get my textbooks and other course materials?

Required textbooks and course materials can be ordered through our UW Colleges Online bookstore.

How do I request a transcript?

You may obtain your official transcript by submitting a request online.