Financial Aid

Degree Seeking Students

If you are an admitted degree-seeking student at one of the UW College Courses Online partnering campuses, you may qualify for financial aid. Financial aid is awarded by your four-year “home” campus. Contact your home campus financial aid office for details.

To apply for federal and state financial aid, fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing this form is always the first step when applying for federal or state financial aid.

Other Sources of Financial Aid

You may also consider these resources to help with the cost of a degree program:

  • Loans are typically offered at low interest rates. Loans must be repaid, usually once you’ve left school.
  • Tuition reimbursement is offered by many companies to their employees. Check with your human resources department to see what’s available.
  • Military benefits are available to qualifying veterans and those currently serving.
  • Private loans are available in addition to federal grants and loans. Private loans must be repaid.
  • Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement or other criteria; financial need is sometimes taken into account. Scholarships don’t need to be repaid.
  • Grants are awarded based on financial need and don’t need to be repaid.
  • Education tax benefits may be available. Talk with your financial adviser about possible tax benefits.

Non-Degree-Seeking Students

If you wish to take classes through UW College Courses Online as a "special," "guest" or “non-degree-seeking student”, and count these credits toward financial aid at your home institution, you may be able to do so through a consortium agreement.

A consortium agreement is a binding agreement between two educational institutions (a “home” and a “host” institution). The agreement enables you to receive additional financial aid from the home institution (where you are enrolled as a degree-seeking student and are receiving financial aid), while taking classes at a host or visiting school (the UW College Courses Online partner campus where you applied). If you are interested in a consortium agreement, please contact your primary institution’s financial aid office to request a consortium agreement.